22 August 2011

Grilled Tuna with Rosemary & Olive Oil

I went home this weekend for the first time in a few weeks. I love manhattan but it can be exhausting and, particularly in the hazy, hot and smoggy weather we've been having, a little claustrophobic. So I went home, ran errands with my mom (target! giant! so big, with space to breathe and reasonable prices and lines that don't spill out the door!), went for a two-hour bike ride through valley forge (grass everywhere!) and caught up on the next food network star (yay Jeff!). And, of course, made a wonderful home-cooked meal on Saturday night (in a kitchen bigger than a closet!). I made the bread and the sides, my mom marinated the tuna, and my dad grilled it. A truly collaborative effort - that, of course, took a lot longer than expected, and wasn't ready till almost nine. But everything was delicious.

This tuna recipe is incredibly simple, full of flavor, and perfect for summer. The marinade is light and subtle, and the flavor from the rosemary and bay leaf enhances the fresh, meaty flavor of the fish. Be sure not to overcook the fish, and to save the leftovers - this tuna is great for tuna salad or, my mom's favorite, on crusty bread with a little olive oil, red onion, roasted red pepper and basil.




Ingredients:
Tuna steaks (~1/4 lb per person)
Olive oil
Rosemary
Bay leaf
Salt and pepper

Directions:
Combine ingredients and marinate
(the longer the better)
Grill, until just cooked through
Serve immediately

No comments:

Post a Comment