16 September 2011

Zucchini Oatmeal Cookies

Just another baking-with-zucchini recipe for you. These cookies are incredibly healthy, easy, and delicious, perfect to toss together last-minute. Because I didn't strain my zucchini, my cookies came out a bit cake-like (which I like), but if you'd prefer chunkier, crisper cookies, be sure to strain the zucchini before folding into batter. Chocolate chips are delicious in these cookies, too. Enjoy!


Ingredients:
3/4 cup grated zucchini
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup old fashioned oats
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp nutmeg
6 tbsp butter, room temp
1 egg
1 tbsp vanilla

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Grate zucchini, then sandwich between two paper towels and squeeze
to eliminate extra moisture
(*tip: if you have time, allow zucchini to drain in a strainer for 20-30 minutes)
Combine sugars and oatmeal
(*tip: if you don't want chunks of oatmeal, process sugar/oatmeal mixture in food processor until oatmeal is finely ground)
Beat butter until light and fluffy
Add oatmeal mixture
Add egg and vanilla
Add dry ingredients
Add zucchini and fold into batter
Bake 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown

2 dozen cookies

1 comment:

  1. These cookies are great! I have been trying to duplicate an older recipe I had that is similar to this one, minus the oats. I think this one is fantastic if not better than the one I was looking for! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete