11 November 2011

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Custards

These are my new fall favorite. They take about three minutes to throw together, half an hour to cook, and taste like the inside of a pumpkin pie but even better, thanks to the addition of the mini chocolate chips. They're around 70 calories each, depending on the type of milk (I think fat-free works fine) and sugar (I use real sugar, but you can certainly replace it with artificial) you use, and the amount of chocolate you add. I don't know that I'd make these for company (go for the whole pie!) but they're a perfect, entirely guilt-free treat to whip up with whatever extra pumpkin you happen to have around. I also love that they're in single servings - I'm far less likely to eat eight of these than I am to eat half a pumpkin pie!


Ingredients:
1 cup pure pumpkin puree (I use Libby's)
3/4 cup fat-free evaporated milk
2 egg whites
3 tbsp sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp ginger
1/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips (optional)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Combine all ingredients and stir until smooth
Divide batter into four small ramekins
Place ramekins into a larger baking dish, filled about a quarter of an inch deep with warm water
Bake 30-35 minutes, or until just set on top (will solidify more as they cool)

4 servings (about 70 cal/serving)


* I'm not sure what the definition of a 'custard' is, but I'm pretty sure it isn't this. If you can come up with a better description (pudding? gooey deliciousness?) let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment