15 December 2011

Cookies and Cream Cookies

A few days ago, I decided that I wanted to send a care package to my younger brother. He's a senior at college and currently in the middle of a hellish finals period (molecular bio, organic chem and some upper-level, terrifying physics class with a name I can never remember). So I'd been browsing through cookie recipes when I landed on this one - and knew instantly that I had to try it. Cookies inside cookies? It's just ridiculous/fattening/fun enough that I thought he'd love it. And I have to admit, they're delicious. The big chunks of oreo are fantastic, but even better are the tiny flecks that get incorporated into the batter and give the entire cookie that chocolate-y, oreo-y flavor. I'd make these again in a second.



Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, softened
6 tbsp granulated sugar
6 tbsp brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
10 oreos, crushed into small pieces

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Cream butter and sugar until smooth, then beat in egg and vanilla
Slowly add dry ingredients (thru salt) and beat until just combined
Stir in oreo pieces
Bake 8-10 minutes, or until JUST slightly browned (the center should still be a little gooey)

24 - 30 cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment