26 July 2011

good enough to eat

http://www.goodenoughtoeat.com/
I came here for the first time with my brother a couple of months ago. My friend who had recommended it to me grew up just a few blocks away, and came at least once or twice a month with his family. I can understand why: Good Enough to Eat is an appealing, country-style neighborhood cafe that serves memorable, inexpensive food. I ordered the tuna nicoise salad that came with perfectly-pink tuna and a tangy pesto vinaigrette; my brother got a burger served in a homemade pepper roll and a slice of the rich, sticky devil's food cake. Sitting in this Vermont-inspired restaurant, you feel just the tiniest bit removed from the craziness of the city - which, at least in my book, can be a very much welcome experience. As a side note, I've since been back for breakfast and would definitely recommend it.

483 Amsterdam (at 83rd St.)
website

*recommendations:
  banana walnut pancakes
  tuna nicoise salad
  griddled corn bread

No comments:

Post a Comment