25 July 2011

Pulled Chicken with Honey Barbecue Sauce

I went to Blue Smoke a few weeks ago (if you haven't been, GO. seriously.), and have been craving barbeque ever since. Seeing as I can't afford to eat out all the time, I decided I'd try to make my own. I think it came out fantastically - the dry rub was so good that the chicken hardly needed the sauce. Since I made this for just me I ate it by itself, but if I were making it for others I'd serve it on a toasted bun with a bit of the sauce reserved, to dip. The honey barbecue sauce is sweet and tangy, and adds just the right amount of moisture and flavor to the spiced chicken. The perfect summer dish!


And a close-up...

Ingredients:
Chicken:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Paprika
Garlic powder
Black pepper
Sauce:
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tsp spicy brown mustard
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp cider vinegar
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp black pepper

Directions:
To prepare chicken, rub liberally with paprika, garlic powder and pepper
(be sure to cover both sides)
Grease a small pan and cook chicken over medium heat (about 5 minutes/side)
Remove from pan and set aside
To prepare sauce, combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan
Cook, stirring often, over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes
To assemble, use two forks to pull chicken apart, and toss with sauce

Serves 2

No comments:

Post a Comment