26 August 2011

jaco's


Jaco's (in downtown Pensacola) opened only a year ago, but I have eaten at this place more times than I can count. The restaurant, recently converted from an event hall, sits on palafox pier overlooking Pensacola Bay. The outstanding views and fresh-air dining options pale in comparison to the incredible food. The menu includes salads, flatbreads, pastas and all kinds of other memorable entrees. All are made with fresh, local ingredients. I love the lettuce wraps - large bibb lettuce leaves stuffed with your meat of choice (I love the chicken; my family prefers the steak) and topped with a colorful, spicy mango relish - as well as the classic margarita flatbread - fresh tomato, basil and mozzarella layered on a thin, cruncy, delicious and happily low-carb flatbread. I've only been for lunch, but the same menu is available for dinner (the restaurant also serves brunch, though it doesn't quite compare).

jacosbayfrontbarandgrille.com
website
997 South Palafox Street
Pensacola, FL

*recommendations:
  lettuce wraps
 margarita pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment