23 August 2011

Maple Mustard Salmon

I found this recipe in Eating Well a few days ago. There must be a thousand recipes out there for mustard-crusted, maple-glazed salmon, but this one caught my eye: the salmon looked delicious in the photo, the recipe required only three ingredients and, according to the magazine, each 4 oz fillet will cost you only 148 calories. It doesn't get much easier, healthier or (as I discovered last night) more delicious than this. I served the salmon with kale (sauteed, with garlic, lemon juice and a little olive oil) and a simple couscous tossed with pecans and chives (the magazine's recommendation). A meal I could easily eat three or four times a week. Enjoy!


Ingredients:
4 4-oz salmon fillets, skinless
3 tbsp stone-ground dijon mustard
1 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 tsp paprika
salt and pepper


Directions:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees
Line baking sheet with greased foil
Combine mustard, maple syrup, paprika, salt and pepper in a small bowl
Spread mixture on top of fillets
Bake 9-11 minutes, or until just cooked through

Serves 4

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! I'm starting a diet and will add this to my menu. =)

    ReplyDelete