07 July 2012

jacques torres' chocolate chip cookies

Another chocolate chip cookie recipe? Really?

But trust me. These are AMAZING. I could throw out a million adjectives to describe them, but I think the pictures will do a far better job than my words ever could in conveying their deliciousness (besides, the chances that the leftover cookie dough will survive until tonight sink exponentially lower the longer I continue to talk about them).

If you're concerned about the bread and pastry flours, you can substitute all purpose flour (though, in my experience, the cookies come out a little bit tougher this way). I'd definitely recommend using a high-quality bittersweet or semisweet chocolate bar - I think coarsely chopped chunks of chocolate (as compared to chips) make a huge difference here.

Enjoy!

     
Ingredients:

14 tbsp unsalted butter
¾ cup granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 ½ cups pastry flour
(OR 1 cup cake + ½ cup all purpose)
1 ½ cups bread flour
½ tbsp. salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tbsp. vanilla
1 lb bitter/semisweet chocolate, chopped

Directions:

 Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line baking sheets with parchment paper/silpat
Mix butter and sugars until creamy
Add eggs, one at a time, and mix well
Add flours, salt, baking powder, baking soda and vanilla. Stir just till combined.
Stir in chocolate.
Chill for at least an hour (best if longer - up to 48 hrs)
Bake until lightly browned but still puffy and soft, about 15 minutes 
 
2 - 3 dozen cookies

*to switch it up:
 I made a few with ghiradelli's milk chocolate with toasted coconut instead of the bittersweet chocolate. SO GOOD.


No comments:

Post a Comment