14 July 2011

Sugar Snap Peas with Mustard and Chives

I happened to pass by the Union Square greenmarket when I was wandering around downtown this weekend, and couldn't help myself: I bought enough fresh fruits and vegetables to last a month. This recipe was inspired by the fresh- and delicious-looking snap peas I found there. I wanted something that would add to their flavor but not overwhelm it. This was perfect - the mustard and chives gave a sweet and spicy finish, and the bit of butter created a glazed, gourmet look.


Ingredients:
2 cups fresh sugar snap peas
1 tsp butter
1 tsp dried chives / 1 tbsp fresh chives
1 tsp stone ground mustard
salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:
Trim the ends of the snap peas and de-string
(for instructions, see How to Trim Sugar Snap Peas)
Rinse, set in bowl and sprinkle with water
Steam in microwave until tender (2-3 minutes)
While still hot, toss with other ingredients

Serves 2

No comments:

Post a Comment